Wednesday 9 October 2013

My Hobby

Essay ~ ~  My Hobby

Definition:
                      Hobby is an activity that one does at spare time for the sake of delight, pleasure and recreation.
                 Routine work of every day makes us monotonous. To break it we often look for interesting and exciting things to do. Hobbies are the best way to divert attention side by side with work. We need entertainment from time to time. At such times a good hobby is very useful. Hobbies provide recreation. They entertain us and at the same time are valuable in the sense that they develop personality.
               My hobby is singing. People often resort to gardening, reading, stamp collecting, bird watching, etc. However I love to listen to music and also to sing. I have a large collection of tapes and I listen to all kinds of music.
              My collection ranges from classical music to Rock and from Indian music to Western one. My hobby is to listen to these songs carefully and then to learn them. I sit with a paper and a pen and write down the lyrics of the songs that I hear.
             Then I hum along and soon I know the tunes too. I switch the tape recorder off and then I pretend to be the singer myself. I sing the song exactly the way it was sung by the playback singer. I succeed at times and sometimes fail Once I feel that I have begun to sing perfectly I tape my own voice. When I listen to the recording I listen objectively and try to locate my faults in singing. This helps me to improve on my singing and I find that also helps me to use my talent to advantage.
            Whenever I go to a party, my friends persuade me to sing. Once I begin, the party livens up, people join in and the place is filled with the sound of music. I feel proud of myself and my friend also praise me because they feel that I become the life of the party. I play the guitar and sing when we go on a picnic or when I have a free period in school. My hobby makes me happy and also brings joy to all my relatives and friends.
            It is necessary that everybody must have some hobby. It educates man, gives him pleasure, and helps him to utilize his free time fruitfully. If a person has no hobby, his spare time will turn him into a useless, irritated and restless person. "An idle mind is a devil's workshop". It is, therefore, essential to remain busy even in leisure hours. Hobbies always come to one's help.

1 comments:

My Hobby Essay for the students of different classes who are looking for it.

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More